There is no denying that the iPhone 4S is a beautiful gadget, but is it the right one for you?
Most of the time, certain small details about any gadget often make people regret their decision to buy the device. You can also only find out about these small details when you actually use your iPhone 4S, so you can’t really return your device then.
So to help you fully understand what an iPhone 4S can do for you, here are some things you might want to know:
- The iPhone 4S only comes with iOS 5.0 installed. You still have to download and install iOS 6 from iTunes or directly from the device. The iOS update is roughly 800 MB in size, so make sure you have a good internet connection if you want to upgrade your software. If you do update, be prepared to lose most of your settings and songs as the new software can just erase all that.
- You can only sync your device to only one PC. You have to use iTunes to do so and connecting the phone to any PC with iTunes prompts you to synchronize your device. If you use just one PC or Mac to sync your phone, this is fine. But if you want a song or app or video from a friend’s PC, plugging the phone into their iTunes only means you sync with their computer. This may erase all the settings, songs and apps in your device.
- An iPhone 4S can get drained of battery quite easily if you have a ton of apps and service open. If you have Siri, your 3G connection and resource heavy apps like YouTube, RingCentral and FaceTime open, you can be sure your battery won’t last the day. Make sure you regulate the brightness and the apps open on the device to extend battery life to more than a day.
- You need an Apple ID to be able to download anything from the App Store onto your iPhone. Even for apps, songs and books that are free, you need to have a Mastercard, Visa or American Express card tied to your account. Several Apple IDs can be tied to one credit or debit card. As of the moment, PayPal isn’t supported by the Apple App Store.
- You can send and receive messages for free with the iPhone 4S as long as the person you’re messaging with is using an iOS device as well. So if you have friends or family anywhere in the world using another iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, then you’re in luck. You don’t have to pay anything for overseas messaging, but you have to make sure that your internet connection stays open to send and receive messages.
- You can only change the lock screen and home screen of your device.
Apple isn’t known for its customization since they pride themselves in creating beautiful devices that don’t need to be changed. The only alert tones on your iPhone are the ones provided by Apple. A separate purchase is required for new tones.